Thursday, July 14, 2011

StressAche

So much has been happening this last week and it's making me all hurty. Some in good ways, some in bad ways:

  • Husband and I bought a dog (update on that coming soon). I love her so much. Almost to the point where I forget my cats names.
  • Husband bought a new (to us) truck. We spent 11 hours yesterday 
    • driving into and across town and then up to a ski-hill lodge to go look at it, 
    • then driving into town to get insurance for it, only to find out we filled out the papers incorrectly, 
      • meaning we had to drive back out of town to the seller's place in order to fill out new paperwork
    • then come back into town to actually get insurance,
    • then drive back to the seller's place to finalize the exchange
    • then, about 15 minutes after leaving the seller's place, Husband had to turn around as the seller had left his garage door remote on the trucks visor
    • then we FINALLY got to drive home.
  • My work project is shutting down at the end of the month meaning I will be out of a job soon
  • My flakey step-mother wants to plan a big get-away for my dad's 60th birthday, yet my brother and I are doing all of the research on hotels & activities, paying the deposits, & communicating the applicable details. Her excuse is "I don't know how to do this" and "you spent the last year planning a wedding, so this should be no problem for you".
  • I haven't slept more than 4-5 hours per night in the last week (for non-dog related reasons) and now that it's catching up to me I feel like such a failure for not being able to maintain a clean home, or finish the section of work I am supposed to hand in tomorrow. Procrastination is my arch nemesis. 
  • I will finish this later....
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl - sleep is the most important thing!!

    Melatonin is a supplement you can get at health stores which DEFINITELY helps with the shut eye...

    ReplyDelete