Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writers Block

I have so much to say yet I can't remember my stories when it comes time to writing them down. I'll just start talking about my week. Something is bound to spill out from there.... Last night we went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate a friends birthday. They brought their almost-10-month old daughter who is adorable and squishy and so very funny. But the fucking lungs in this child, my cod, she could break glass. She got a couple of really shrill screams out, and cried near the end of dinner; luckily the restaurant wasn't busy.... I felt bad for the table behind us, as their meal was interrupted several times by the kid; but I also felt bad for the baby's parents. It's not like they can duct tape the child's mouth closed to keep it quiet. And she was super good for the majority of the time. Recently some restaurants in the US have a initiated a 'no children' policy. It's sad that people are so ignorant about the behavior of their children, that restaurants have to do this. However it allows restauranteurs to creates a niche market for a more sophisticated dining experience that will allow children. I'm not a parent, however I do have common sense. Common sense tells me that I do not bring a baby to the opera. Common sense tells me that people around me may not love kids kicking their airplane seat; or wailing away while daddy sleeps with earplugs, and mommy hands baby off to a stranger so she can watch the in flight movie (true story while on a 9 hour flight - still seething that people this irresponsible are allowed to have kids) Common sense tells me that if I bring a baby to a golf game, it had better stay asleep while I sink this putt. Personally, I can't say what I would do. I don't have a kid, so I can't say if I would take them to restaurants that aren't so kid friendly or not. but I do know FOR SURE that I will respect the people around me and apologize, and (temporarily) leave if my spawn causes any problems. Good thing I love Denny's, IHOP, Wendy's & Pizza Hut! Hey look at that! A whole rant about bratty kids. I am getting old. Next I will be putzing around in a rascal scooter!

No comments:

Post a Comment