Sunday, March 13, 2011

The First Weekend

We had our first family sleep-over in our new house Friday night. Husband and I and our two kitteh's climbed into our brand new king size bed; with brand new soft, cotton sheets; and plush, cozy, fleece cover. It was the best sleep I have had since my honeymoon last September.

Husband and I spent most of both days cleaning, unpacking, building Ikea units (ha, ha units), as well as decorating, and enjoying the view here and there. We managed to unpack most of the kitchen, living room, dining room, both bathrooms and master bedroom. I think by the end of the week, most of the boxes will be empty, and the house will be pretty much 'in order'. My closet is another story...

The kitteh's are enjoying every moment of it too. Amos loves running and sliding down the hall on the laminate floor. Enzo is enjoying climbing among the boxes and discarded newspaper, looking for new places to hide. They love the new window-sills to sit in, and the different birds to chatter at.

Our place is slowly coming together. And it's already starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment