Saturday, November 26, 2011

His Boss

Husband's boss. Where to start. He is Husband's super good friend. Our families spend time together. We BBQ, camp, watch hockey & go to the beach together. Our dogs romp around in the park together. Good times are had by all. However there are some downsides with Husband working with his best friend. You know how when you spend soooo much time with someone you end up picking up their traits? (completely inadvertently of course) Let's just say Husband now knows officially how to be a chauvinist, with a dash of pompous ass and sprinkle of disrespectful rudeness. Wow. That's harsh. I take that back. I feel super broken because while Husband's boss is the way he is, Husband is picking up the negative traits and dumping them on me. Especially when I do something wrong. I feel completely inadequate. Like what I have to say will never matter. I mean, I am sure it does on some level, but not where it matters. If that makes sense. I feel like I am an unwanted distraction sometimes. Only around when it's convenient for him. How do I approach him on that? How do I tell him he is being the same asshat to me that his boss/co-worker/friend is to him? I need to vent. A long vent. Better get my Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment