Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Stay-at-Home Wife

Before Husband and I got married we didn't discuss the roles of husband and wife, in terms of who would bring home the bacon, look after cleaning the house, taking care of the pets etc. We had been dating for seven years; including living together for the last six. At the time of our wedding, both Husband and I were working full-time and doing our equal share of household chores. Easy breezy. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

Fast forward several months.

Now that I am unemployed, rather retired, I have officially become a stay-at-home wife. It's something I never thought I would be, considering I am incredibly independent, but I like it. A lot. I get to spend every day with my favorite pup and kitten. I get to go on adventures every day. I am so lucky to have all the time in the world to focus on all the little projects that have been waiting for my attention over the years.

This winter I hope to craft like crazy and make homemade gifts for family and friends. And of course, think of the baking... Oh holiday baking. How I have missed thee....

Maybe some days I talk to my self a little too much, but for now I am happy. And that's all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. It makes my heart so happy to hear you say you are happy! Yay!

    ReplyDelete