Monday, January 9, 2012

A Whirlwind of Crazy

This last month has been a challenge. Many bits of life have crumbled and brought Husband and I to rock bottom. Both of us have been scrambling to find work, which is virtually non-existent. Husband is owed a large chunk of money from a client who refuses to pay for whatever jackass reason, leaving OUR family to struggle to put food on the table. It makes me so mad to know that this well-off client is holding a financial carrot in front of Husband just because he can. Small business owners in construction have no rights. Liens mean nothing. Going to court takes money that we don't have and time we can't spare. This frustration meant that we didn't have Christmas this year. My two 'new' jobs are fun, but would be better suited for a fifteen year old. I walk a friend's dog and I work at a local concession stand that my friends own. Clearly my resume is going to be super awesome by the end of the summer.... Husband is making the greatest sacrifice. And if I could physically do it too, I would. He has decided to head north to work on the oil rigs. He won't be leaving for a few more weeks, so we have time to spend together before he is gone for a month at a time. We've been apart for long times before - it sucks - though I know we can do it. But the money. Oh, the money. It makes it so worth it. We can be COMPLETELY out of debt in 6 months. Six months. SIX MONTHS. We won't be living paycheck to paycheck, struggling to save for a down payment for a real home, knowing it's only a pipe dream. So far 2012 has some potential.

1 comment:

  1. Both terrible and fantastic news in that one post.

    Months away at a time is far from ideal, though you might come to really love sleeping in the middle of the bed. Trust me. Better yet, it's all part of a bigger plan, a plan that will get you to a place where you can both exhale if not get up and dance for joy.

    ReplyDelete