Friday, January 28, 2011

what it feels like to be popular

Husband has lived in our new town for several months now, and has had the opportunity to meet lots of new people and make some new friends. And being the proud husband that he is, he has told everyone about me, almost to the point where they didn't believe I existed because they never saw me when I was in town (until now).
After meeting a bunch of the group on Tuesday, Ryan told me that the girls in the group are super excited to be friends with me, and think i am awesome cool. (who me? wtf?) The feeling is completely mutual though cause all of the girls I have met here so far are super fun and really nice. Not judgey or superficial or snotty or stuck in that typical big-city high-school clique mentality (as far as i can tell anyway). This is awesome, cause I ain't got no lady friends here in town - mine are all about a 40 minute drive away.
A lot of the new friends are couples, which is nice too. One of our new couple-friends invited us over for an amazing dinner of homemade ceasar salad and beef dip last night. It was paired with 3 bottles of red wine and a wonderful sound track of The Tragically Hip, Big Sugar, The Watchmen and Led Zeppelin. The evening became more tipsy and when the boys went for a smoke, us girls got our dance on to the sweet tune of Connected by Stereo MC's, followed by some Dancing Queen by ABBA. It was a wild and crazy time!
I am excited to make new friends; to be able to throw and attend dinner parties; to have board game competitions where i will do my damndest not to cheat; and make the first Saturday of each month a monthly tradition for everyone to gather together for a $5 breakfast at the legion. Cause nothing brings friends together more than greasy breakfast sausage, a stack of pancakes, eggs, toast and bacon.
Yum, yum, yum!
I've never really felt accepted into a big group of people before, and as daunting as it is, I cant wait to see what it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment